Fort Lauderdale, Florida Debt Collection Attorney
More than 20 years of experience handling collection cases
The Law Office of Hope L. Plevy is trusted by clients across Florida to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. We have more than 20 years of experience providing our clients with legal advice and litigation services at every level of state and federal court. We have successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including banks, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accounts, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them.
Fort Lauderdale attorney committed to providing results
The Law Office of Hope L. Plevy can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, our attorneys also review our clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, the Law Office of Hope L. Plevy makes sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process
- Receipt and review of your files.
- Demand letter — Our attorneys send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, we work with you to see if you want to discount the debt and to set up a payment schedule.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, we seek your permission to file a lawsuit. Once suit is filed, our attorneys move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, our attorneys vigorously defend your right to collect payment.
- Judgment — A judgment gives our attorneys the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. We attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and move to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other sources of income. If we cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, we can force the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment deposition to testify about the finances.
- Jail — if the debtor fails to appear at the deposition, our attorneys can have the debtor jailed for contempt of court. We usually reach out to the debtor before this becomes necessary, but if the person continues to refuse to pay what he owes, we have no problem with sending him or her to jail.
Experienced attorney. Proven results.
Call the Law Office of Hope L. Plevy today at 954.713.2844 or contact our office online to put an end to your debtors’ excuses and make them pay what they owe.
The Law Office of Hope L. Plevy is conveniently located in Fort Lauderdale
and serves clients throughout the state of Florida.